Object Oriented Requirements Specifications and Analysis. The Unified Modeling Language. The Case diagrams, class diagrams, object diagrams. The system activities. Collaboration and sequence diagrams. States, state transitions and state chart diagrams. Activity diagrams, component diagrams and deployment diagrams.
1. Code: SADCW. (Ch. 7, 9).
2. Code: IUML. (Ch. 3).
Object Oriented Databases. Designing object databases, representing classes and relationships. Hybrid Object-Relational Databases. Classes and attributes. Relationships. Relational DBMS and object DBMS data types. Distributed databases and distributed systems.
Client/Server Software Engineering. The structure of Client/Server systems. Software Engineering for Client/Server systems. Analysis, Design and Testing of Client/Server systems.
1. Code: SADCW. (Ch. 10).
2. Code: SEPA. (Ch. 28).
Component Based Software Engineering. Engineering of component based systems. The CBSE process. Domain engineering. The component based development. Classifying and retrieving components. Economics of CBSE.
1. Code: SEPA. (Ch. 27).
1. Code: SADCW. Systems Analysis and Design in a Changing World, Satzinger, Jackson and Burd – Thomson Learning/Course Technology, (2000).
2. Code: SEPA. Software Engineering – A Practitioner’s Approach 5/e, Roger S. Pressman – McGraw-Hill International Edition (2001).
3. Code: SADM. Systems Analysis and Design Methods, Whitten and Bentley – Tata McGraw Hill (1998).
4. Code: IUML. Instant UML, Pierre-Alain Muller – Wrox/SPD (1997).
1. Code: SSATT. Structured Systems Analysis: Tools and Techniques, Gane and Sarson – Prentiss Hall (1979).
2. Code: UMLN. UML in a Nutshell, Sinan Si Alhir – Wrox/SPD (1998).